Saturday, March 1, 2014

School Pictures 3rd Quarter 2014

I got the boys all dressed up cute for school pictures only to think that I will probably not spend $50 on 1 picture of each child. So I just took a couple quick pictures before we left for school. Both boys need a haircut bad! But when I finally get grandma to cut their hair. The boys convince her to leave it longer. She tries to make us both happy cutting it shorter than they want, but still way longer than I want it. 
 
Gavin 2nd Grade Mrs Coffinger (Love Her!!)
Gavin and school is a lot of work for both him and his mother. I go and help in his class once a week. If she asks me to come an extra day during the week Paris can come with me and she absolutely loves going. I think it is really good for him. He does lots of homework to keep up with his grade level. It usually takes us 2 hours a night. It feels like I am homeschooling him after school. He does his online math and reading program for 30 min, 30 min of reading book and answering/writing the answers from the questions in the back, popcorn math learning facts, lots of spelling practice every night, his math page, and any other random thing his teacher sends home that she thinks will help him. His teacher really likes him and I know she just wants what is best for him so we try to do everything that she asks. And surprisingly for how much homework he has to do this year he doesn't complain as much as he used to. I think he is just used to having to do it. He is actually really good in class and tries to be extra good when I am in the class helping.
 
 Brody Kindergarten Mr Mendoza (Best Teacher Ever for Brody!)
Brody has learned so much this year! His teacher says he is almost to 1st grade reading level. He has great handwriting, can count by 1's 2's and 10's working on 3's, does big subtraction problems, comes home with random facts he learned from school. He is a very smart boy, but his teacher pushes him to do the work of a 1st grader. He also does an online program that I feel is way harder than he should be on, but he can do it.
 
 I tried to take a picture of Paris, but she cried and cried and when I finally got her to stop crying for the picture she was still grumpy. Everything has to be on her terms. She loves her picture taken until I want to take a picture of her. I believe she started to be mad because he only wanted a ponytail today and not braided like she wanted it yesterday. But then after we dropped off the boys at school and she forgot about the ponytail she just wanted to be mad and sat on my lap half the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment