Saturday, March 1, 2014

That Child's Poor Mother

I am pretty sure every mother that witnesses Gavin being himself thinks "His Poor Mother" No matter if they are watching him climb all over the park equipment or climbing the trees at the park or walking past our backyard and see a child swinging way higher than he probably should. I have no idea how he has never gotten hurt badly. On many occasions I find him doing something he shouldn't or he so proud that he learned a new trick like jumping from the swing onto the trampoline. Only to find that I am not as impressed as he thought I would be. I keep thinking the older he gets he will start to calm down, but that still hasn't happened yet.  He just finds new and creative ways to be crazy. I find myself saying the following sayings way more often than I like to admit. "You need to calm down!", "You need to stop being crazy!", "You are driving your mother crazy!", "I am getting annoyed!", "You need to stop wrestling with your brother!", "You need to use your inside voice", "Stop doing that!, "Go outside and get out your energy". Depending on how long I am with him, I find that I can say all of them in a very short period of time. I wish on many, many, many occasions we had a bigger backyard with neighbors further away to not hear my children. But I don't think moving is ever going to happen at least not for a very long time.



No comments:

Post a Comment